Gainesville Real Estate
Welcome to Gainesville FL: Where History, Nature, and Community Thrive
Gainesville, nestled in the heart of north central Florida, is a vibrant and welcoming city that offers a unique blend of rich history, natural beauty, and a thriving community. Gainesville and surrounding communities throughout Alachua County boasts a plethora of captivating statistics and attractions that make it a truly desirable place to live.
Education and Intellectual Vibrancy
One standout statistic is Gainesville's strong educational foundation, anchored by the renowned University of Florida and Santa Fe College. Top-ranked programs and cutting-edge research opportunities, the university adds an intellectual vibrancy to the community that's hard to match. Not to mention the sporting events tied to The University of Florida sporting events in NCAA college sports. Go Gators!
Premier Healthcare Facilities
- Shands at UF: Renowned hospital with top-notch medical care.
- North Florida Regional Medical Center: Quality healthcare for residents.
- Malcom Randall VA Medical Center: Catering to the healthcare needs of veterans.
Affordability: Living Well Within Your Means
Moreover, the city's affordable cost of living, which is notably below the national average, is another compelling statistic to highlight. This factor makes Gainesville an attractive option for families, professionals, and retirees alike. A wide variety of different neighborhoods, communities with amenities, suburban life and any lifestyle you may you will want.
Enriching Art, Music, Leisure and Recreation
- Kanapaha Botanical Gardens: A 68-acre haven of diverse plant collections and serenity.
- Florida Museum of Natural History: Enriching exhibits for all ages, right next to the university.
- Nature's Playgrounds: Exploring parks like Devil's Millhopper, San Felasco State Park, and Paynes Prairie Preserve.
- Gainesville Raceway: Home to the annual NHRA Gator Nationals Event.
- Annual Art & Music events throughout the year.
Experience the Charm of Gainesville
You and your family will find plenty of things to do in and around Gainesville. Outdoor and nature filled fun for outdoor enthusiasts with plenty of parks, quick trips to the rivers and the springs stands out as a unique natural wonder. The arts, the music scene, and annual festivals will give you plenty of things to do in your life in Gainesville. Gainesville is a great place to live!
Gainesville Listings Summary
Gainesville - Town vs. County Stats
Avg Price in Gainesville: $398,400 / County Avg $443,000
Avg Taxes in Gainesville: $3,900 / County Avg $3,800
Avg Sq. Ft. in Gainesville: 1,770 / County Avg 1,888
Avg Price per/sqft in Gainesville:$225 / County Avg $235
Avg Walkscore in Gainesville: 33 / County Avg 27
Avg Year Built in Gainesville: 1988 / County Avg 1993
Avg Days on Website in Gainesville: 78 / County Avg 86
Gainesville Real Estate Market Health
|Areas in Gainesville FL